VISA cards are fitted with different security elements and systems to guarantee their authorised use.
- Use your card to carry out a transaction or check your balance/transactions as often as possible at our ATMs or those of any bank belonging to the Cooperativo Cajamar Group to make sure the security data included on your card are updated and synchronised.
- Caixapetrer Under no circumstances will we ask you to disclose your card details by e-mail, over the phone, by text message or on a webpage.
- We have an alerts service so that, every time you carry out a transaction using your card, you will receive a text message immediately, informing you of the details of the transaction. If you see that it is not yours, you can immediately order your card to be blocked to avoid fraud. You can activate it using Electronic Banking or at your branch.
Your PIN number
- Is the same when carrying out transactions at an ATM or in a shop.
- If you would like to change it, try to avoid dates, licence plates, or any number which might be easily known or linked back to you.
- Memorise your PIN, do not write it anywhere on the card or keep it close to your card, and do not disclose it to anyone.
- Keep your distance and do not accept help from strangers.
- Make sure you take your card, receipt and cash with you.
- Do not use your card to gain access to ATM booths.
- If you see any suspicious elements on the card reader or the cash dispenser, use a different ATM and report it.
- The EMV technology used on our cards requires you to enter your PIN when shopping.
- If you do not enter your PIN or you enter it incorrectly, the transaction will be rejected.
- If the chip is damaged or the shop does not have a chip-and-pin terminal, they should use the magnetic strip, and you must sign for the transaction.
- Do not lose sight of your card and demand to be present when the payment is processed.
- When entering your PIN, take all necessary precautions to ensure that no one can see or guess which digits you are entering by, for example, covering the keypad with your other hand.
- Only shop on trusted websites.
- Never provide your PIN.
- Save all the information pertaining to the purchase, telephone or e-mail address and the web address (URL), as well as the purchase confirmation e-mails.
- Before buying, read the delivery and returns policies, which should be shown on the webpage.
- Make sure it is a secure page and that there is a padlock or a key symbol displayed, or that the page address starts with https.
When making a purchase in these stores, your card data will be requested (card number + expiration + validation code printed on the card) besides of a code that will be sent through SMS to finish the purchase. This option is enabled for customers who have provided their mobile number to our entity and it entails greater security. In case you have not provided your mobile number, PIN will be requested.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your browser and operating system installed on your computer.